Oil Tank Protection PlanPeace of mind for only $69/year.
This plan will automatically renew so your service is never interrupted.
Dear Valued Customer,
An annual charge of $69.00 will appear on your account statement on the renewal date of the Kerivan-Lane Oil Tank Protection Plan. This plan is offered as an opt-out program because we feel it provides exceptional value and is a win-win for most people. The high quality of our fuel, blended with an efficiency additive, allows us to offer this coverage with the utmost confidence. This is not a mandatory program but we strongly suggest that you choose our Oil Tank Protection Plan for the following reasons:
- The price of installing an oil tank averages about $3600. This means it would take 53 years of paying for this coverage for you to lose money. The average life span of an oil tank is 22 years.
- This is a full tank protection plan with no hidden costs. Through this affordable program, Kerivan-Lane will install a replacement oil tank for free if and when your oil tank leaks. The customer is only responsible for permit fees (these vary by town) and a tank disposal fee of $550.
- If you have to replace your oil tank before it leaks, Kerivan-Lane will reduce the price of installing a new oil tank by the amount paid to date into the Oil Tank Protection Plan.
An oil tank that is leaking, plugged, patched, dented, excessively rusted or located underground or outside the house, or is inaccessible for visual inspection before the start of the plan does not qualify to begin coverage. If you have been billed for this coverage in error or do not wish to be covered under this plan, please call us, e-mail us or write us a note immediately so that we can remove the $69.00 charge. See below for terms and conditions. Once you send the payment for this plan, it is assumed that you have fully agreed with all the plan terms and conditions.
If you have any further questions, please call our office. We appreciate your business.
Christopher M. Lane
Terms & Conditions:
- The Plan does not guarantee that an oil tank will not leak or fail. The Plan does not cover expenses related to clean up or environmental impact costs in the event of an oil tank leak or failure. Your homeowner’s insurance company is required by law to “make available” insurance to cover oil leaks; however, it is the homeowner’s responsibility to request the coverage because it is not automatic. MA law requires all oil lines be upgraded to current code for this insurance coverage.
- The Kerivan-Lane Tank Protection Plan (“Plan”) is an opt-out program available to automatic fuel oil delivery customers of Kerivan-Lane, Inc. (“Company”) who are in good credit standing and whose oil tank qualifies for coverage under the Plan.
- New customers entering the program are subject to having a visual inspection of their oil tank before qualifying for the Plan. An oil tank that is leaking, plugged, patched, dented, excessively rusted, located underground or outside the house, or is inaccessible for visual inspection does not qualify for coverage under the Plan. For any oil tank that does not qualify for the program, a refund for any payment given/charged will be made.
- The oil tank shall be subject to mandatory inspection and qualification for the Plan when the Customer chooses to opt-in for the program after having opt-out before.
- The Company shall install a new oil tank for free if and when the oil tank leaks due to normal wear and tear. Any oil tank leak or failure caused by any other reason is not covered under the Plan. The customer is only responsible for permit fees (these vary by town) and a tank disposal fee of $490.
- The term of the Plan is one year effective from the invoice date as stated on the relevant account statement. The term is renewed automatically every year unless terminated by either the Customer or the Company.
- Coverage under the Plan shall begin once the Company receives full payment of the relevant invoice. If payment is not received within the terms of the invoice then coverage will automatically be cancelled. Notice will be given to customer if the Plan is terminated.
- The Customer’s enrollment in the Plan is automatically terminated if the Customer no longer purchases all of their fuel oil and heating services from the Company.
- Based on the greater possibility of an oil tank leaking, failing, or if it is declared unsafe for delivery, the Company may require the Customer replace their oil tank. The Company will refund the Customer two times the amount they have paid into the Plan to date. If the Customer refuses to replace their oil tank, the Company reserves the right to terminate the Customer’s enrollment in the Plan and stop further oil deliveries. In that case, the Customer will be refunded what they paid into the Plan to date.
- A Kerivan-Lane technician will make the final determination when the oil tank needs to be replaced.
- No credit or refund shall be issued if the Customer cancels the Plan before the expiration date.
- The Customer agrees to release and hold the Company harmless from all claims related to the losses, costs or damages to personal or real property arising from any oil tank leak or failure caused by any reason whatsoever.
- The Company reserves the right to revise and modify the Terms and Conditions and the annual charge for the Plan and to terminate the Plan at any time. The Customer will be notified in advance if any changes are made.
Full List of KL's Service Areas
- Ashland 01721
- Arlington 02474, 02476
- Belmont 02478, 02479
- Brookline 02445, 02446, 02447, 02467
- Canton 02021
- Concord 01742
- Dedham 02026
- Dover 02030
- Easton 02356
- Foxboro 02035
- Framingham 01701, 01702
- Holliston 01746
- Hopkinton 01748
- Hyde Park 02136
- Jamaica Plain 02130
- Lincoln 01773
- Medfield 02052
- Medway 02053
- Millis 02054
- Milton 02186, 02187
- Natick 01760
- Needham 02492, 02494
- Newton 02456, 02457, 02458, 02459, 02460, 02461, 02462, 02463, 02464, 02465 02466, 02467, 02468
- Norfolk 02056
- Norwood 02062
- Quincy 02169
- Roslindale 02131
- Sharon 02067
- Sherborn 01770
- Sudbury 01776
- Watertown 02472
- Walpole 02081
- Waltham 02451, 02452, 02453, 02454
- Wayland 01778
- Wellesley 02481, 02482
- West Roxbury 02132
- Weston 02493
- Westwood 02090
- Wrentham 02093