Products & Services / Fuels / Propane
Propane Services –
Wouldn’t it be nice to cook on a gas stove or flick a switch to start a fire in your fireplace? Do you heat your swimming pool? Propane may be the fuel for you. We will install a propane tank on your property following strict safety guidelines and town codes, and take care of the delivery for you. Also, we can install a propane fueled generator on your property, so you can avoid those untimely power outages. It could not get any better than this.
Kerivan-Lane prides itself on putting safety first –
- Familiarize yourself with how to shut off your propane supply and propane appliances.
- Install a CO detector and Propane Detector in your home.
- Mark any in-ground tanks with flags, poles, or an object tall enough to be seen by trucks and snow plows.
- Familiarize yourself with warning signs such as unpleasant odors.
If you smell gas or think you have a leak, please call 911 IMMEDIATELY, and then call Kerivan-Lane at (781) 444-0279 and follow these precautions.
- Put out all flames, sparks or heat immediately
- Leave the area and shut off the gas
- Report the leak from a cellphone once you’re off the premises by calling 911 and then call Kerivan-Lane at (781) 444-0279
- Do not return to the area until professionals have determined that it’s safe to do so. Have your system checked by Kerivan-Lane to uncover and solve the issue.
Heating with propane furnaces, boilers, and space heaters can improve the efficiency, performance and comfort of homes. Propane fuel is a versatile, affordable and safe heating fuel. Propane is also environmentally friendly, and can help homeowners slash up to 68% of their energy costs and green house gas emissions
60% of home grilling is done with propane gas grills. Propane grills light instantly, heat faster than charcoal and release less carbon monoxide. They also feature temperature regulators for more control while cooking. Many folks are now creating outdoor kitchens, complete with a large grilling surface, cook top, oven and even a rotisserie. All can be easily set up to operate with propane cylinders or through your home’s main supply tank.
Need to fill the tank for your grill? Visit one of our Fill Stations at Big Blue Propane in Norwood (1095 Pleasant St, Norwood, MA 02062), or the Fireplace Shop and Grill Center in Sudbury (442 Boston Post Rd, Sudbury, MA 01776).
Nearly 65% of new homes include a propane fueled fireplace or hearth product for either indoor or outdoor use. Eighty-three percent of homeowners say gas fireplaces are easy and more convenient to use then traditional. No more chopping, hauling or stacking wood; cleaning up bark or ashes is a thing of the past. There will be no flying sparks that can damage your carpet or furniture, and at the end of the evening, you simply turn off the fireplace. No smoldering embers or wondering if the fire is completely out.Propane fueled fireplaces and hearth products add warmth and elegance to your home, as well as increase the overall value of your home. They also offer a great back-up heat source, and can reduce your home heating costs.
For all of your indoor and outdoor fireplace needs, we recommend Commonwealth Fireplace. Commonwealth Fireplace, of Norwood, can meet your home’s needs with their reliable, high-quality services. Ask for the owner Bruce Keltie, and visit their beautiful 5,000 square foot showroom displaying the finest selection of fireplaces, stoves, inserts, grills, and accessories in Norwood at 151 Carnegie Row. After you choose from Commonwealth’s selections, the Kerivan-Lane team will coordinate the installation of the gas or propane piping.
(781) 762-2088 • email@example.com
Automatic Standby Generators –
Nearly all American homes experience a power outage sometime during the year. To some, these outages are considered a nuisance, yet for many they can cause hardships or even health hazards. Propane emergency generators can eliminate power interruption, and the possibility of food spoilage, loss of air conditioning or heat, inability to use medical or electrical devices and security system loss.
Features of Automatic Standby Generators:
- Protects your property 24/7 whether you’re home or away.
- Comes on automatically within seconds of power outages.
- Runs on Natural Gas (NG) or Liquid Propane (LP) which is much less expensive than gasoline used in portable generators
- Generac Generators provide clean and reliable power to residential loads.
- Kohler Generators provide clean and reliable power to more commercial and larger loads.
- Generator Enclosures protect the generator from severe weather and helps with noise reduction
- External indicator lights provide an easy way for you to tell the status of your generator without opening the enclosure.
- Increases the value of your home.
For more information, please call 781-444-0279 or email us.
Frequently Asked Questions –
What does the generator run on?
Automatic Standby Generators can be powered by either natural gas or propane. For those individuals who have oil, propane will be needed. In most cases, natural gas meters need to be upgraded. There may be a fee for this service.
What size generator do I need?
The correct generator size for your needs depends on what utilities you would like to have backed up during a power outage. Necessities (e.g, water, heat, sump pump, refrigerator, a few essential lights and plugs) can be easily handled by a smaller unit such as a 7kW or 8kW. Additional options can be handled by larger units ranging from 10kW- 20kW+ respectively. Call our office today to schedule an appointment with Phil Halverson, to give you a free estimate.
Does the generator start and run automatically?
Yes. Automatic Standby Generators start automatically within seconds of a power outage. The generators also have a weekly exercise time where they should run for about 10-12 minutes.
How far from the house can the generator be?
Every town has their own setback rules regulating where the generator can and cannot be placed. Generac has standard factory regulations that suggest the generator must be 5 feet away from anything combustible and/or openings (windows, dryer exhaust, etc.)
What is the noise level of an Automatic Standby Generator?
Noise from an Automatic Standby Generator is often described as a “hum of a lawnmower”. We have never had a customer complain about the noise level, there are some options we can discuss with you for noise reduction.
What the generator rest on?
Kerivan-Lane offers several different pad options for the generator to rest on.
Will my generator need any permits or inspections?
Yes, once the work is completed, the office will schedule your electrical inspection (for which you need to be home) and our plumbers will schedule your gas inspection (for which you may need to be home). Once both of the inspections pass, we will come back to your property for a startup, activate your generator, and answer any questions you may have.
Will I need maintenance on my generator?
Yes. It is recommended to have maintenance done on your generator once a year. Once your generator has run for the first 8 hours, we recommend changing the initial break-in oil with 200-hour oil.
What to Expect with Outdoor Generators
Below is a list of some of the things you can expect during a generator installation:
- You will need to be home at the start of your installation when our crew arrives to let them in and to go over the generator location and circuits being backed up by the generator. Once this is done, you do not need to be home for the remainder of the timer as out crew will work straight throughout the day and lock up if needed.
- Your power will be out for about 2-3 hours during installation.
- Remember this is a construction site and we will need to dig a trench through your yard. We will do our best to get your yard back to its original condition; however, depending on the time of year, this process may be more difficult than others.
- Once the trench is dug, it will not be filled until your startup (can be a few business days).
- While our installation of the generator and the transfer switch usually only takes one day, inspections of both the gas and the electrical work and the start-up can take up to several days. Every town inspects at different days and times, and we will try our best to work around your schedule. As with any construction job, unforeseen circumstances may arise and delay the installation process.
- You will need to be home for inspections and start-up.
Full List of KL's Service Areas
- Ashland 01721
- Arlington 02474, 02476
- Belmont 02478, 02479
- Braintree 02169, 02184, 02185, 02368
- Brookline 02445, 02446, 02447, 02467
- Canton 02021
- Concord 01742
- Dedham 02026
- Dover 02030
- Easton 02356
- Foxboro 02035
- Framingham 01701, 01702
- Franklin 02038
- Holliston 01746
- Hopkinton 01748
- Hyde Park 02136
- Jamaica Plain 02130
- Lexington 01731, 02420, 02421, 02451
- Lincoln 01773
- Marlborough 01752
- Medfield 02052
- Medway 02053
- Millis 02054
- Milton 02186, 02187
- Natick 01760
- Needham 02492, 02494
- Newton 02456, 02457, 02458, 02459, 02460, 02461, 02462, 02463, 02464, 02465 02466, 02467, 02468
- Norfolk 02056
- Norwood 02062
- Norton 02712, 02766
- Quincy 02169
- Roslindale 02131
- Sharon 02067
- Sherborn 01770
- Sudbury 01776
- Watertown 02472
- Walpole 02081
- Waltham 02451, 02452, 02453, 02454
- Wayland 01778
- Wellesley 02481, 02482
- West Roxbury 02132
- Weston 02493
- Westwood 02090
- Wrentham 02093