Our Story Continues...Serving Your Community Since 1922
About Us / Our Story
1920s – 1940s
- Kerivan-Lane was founded in 1922, by John J. Kerivan as a plumbing and heating contracting company.
- At this time Kerivan-Lane provided service to local homeowners and area industries such as Carters, Gamewell and Sherman Paper.
- Sadly John J. Kerivan passed away in 1943 leaving his wife, Sarah, to run the business.
- In 1954 John J. Kerivan’s nephew, John R. Lane, bought the company. It was then where Kerivan-Lane was founded.
- In the same year, Kerivan-Lane purchased its first oil truck as the business expanded into heating oil delivery.
- The transition was a smooth one since John R. Lane was trained by his uncle for many years. In addition to his experience, John also had a degree in Economics from Harvard College and a Master Plumber License.
- John R. Lane had married Grace Skehan in 1951 and thereafter John and Grace Lane were blessed with five children, all of whom have been actively involved in the business at one time or another.
1960s – 1980s
- The industry’s first computerized punch card system was installed in 1966.
- Computerized delivery system was established online in 1968.
- John and Grace’s five children – Katherine Lane Wunder, John K. Lane, Deborah Lane-Lesbirel, Christopher M. Lane and Suzanne Lane Bandanza – join the family business within the 1980s.
- In 1994, the Customer Satisfaction Guarantee was established.
- In 1995, the Tank Protection Plan was created.
- In 1999, Kerivan-Lane lost an invaluable person when John passed away, after being President of Kerivan-Lane for nearly 45 years.
- Christopher M. Lane, John K. Lane and Suzanne Bandanza take over the management of the company and continue what their father started.
- In 2004, the Kerivan-Lane headquarters was moved to 30 Charles Street in Needham, MA.
- In 2009, Kerivan-Lane added ductless heating and air conditioning as a service for our customers.
- All of Christopher M. Lane’s children – Meghan Lane, Briana Lane Tompkins and Genevieve Lane McClay – joined the company working in Customer Service, Dispatching and Marketing.
- In 2012, Kerivan-Lane added propane delivery and installations as services for our customers.
- In 2018, John K. Lane retired after spending his entire career working at Kerivan-Lane. We thank him for all of his years at the company.
- The Kerivan-Lane team continues to work hard helping our neighbors.
Full List of KL's Service Areas
- Ashland 01721
- Arlington 02474, 02476
- Belmont 02478, 02479
- Braintree 02169, 02184, 02185, 02368
- Brookline 02445, 02446, 02447, 02467
- Canton 02021
- Concord 01742
- Dedham 02026
- Dover 02030
- Easton 02356
- Foxboro 02035
- Framingham 01701, 01702
- Franklin 02038
- Holliston 01746
- Hopkinton 01748
- Hyde Park 02136
- Jamaica Plain 02130
- Lexington 01731, 02420, 02421, 02451
- Lincoln 01773
- Marlborough 01752
- Medfield 02052
- Medway 02053
- Millis 02054
- Milton 02186, 02187
- Natick 01760
- Needham 02492, 02494
- Newton 02456, 02457, 02458, 02459, 02460, 02461, 02462, 02463, 02464, 02465 02466, 02467, 02468
- Norfolk 02056
- Norwood 02062
- Norton 02712, 02766
- Quincy 02169
- Roslindale 02131
- Sharon 02067
- Sherborn 01770
- Sudbury 01776
- Watertown 02472
- Walpole 02081
- Waltham 02451, 02452, 02453, 02454
- Wayland 01778
- Wellesley 02481, 02482
- West Roxbury 02132
- Weston 02493
- Westwood 02090
- Wrentham 02093