Dear valued customer,
At the end of this week, we’ll be getting VERY cold weather. Right now they are predicting single digits on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night. Here are some tips to make sure your home and family stay safe during the extreme temperatures:
1. Check your oil and propane tank gauge. If your tank is below ¼ please call our office for delivery at (781) 444-0279.
2. Set your thermostat to a constant temperature all day. Setting your thermostat back at night could lead to frozen pipes.
3. Clean your heating system filters to make sure all the heat is getting through to the house. Some customers have been experiencing a lack of heat due to clogged filters.
4. Keep interior doors open including vanity/sink doors, to allow the heat to circulate in those hidden areas where pipes can easily freeze. Keep an eye out for pipes that may freeze in the garage.
5. Make sure any water going to the exterior of the house is shut off. If you have an irrigation system, make sure that is shut off and the lawn faucets are drained.
6. Make sure you know where your water main is located and how to turn off the valve in case of an emergency.
7. If you are going to be away from your house for any length of time, please have a family member or a friend check on your house.
2. Update your account contact info so we can reach you if need be. Contact us here with any updates.
In case of an evening or weekend heating problem in your home, you can call Kerivan-Lane’s emergency line at 617-527-1745.
Just a reminder that you can do all of this online now:
- Pay bills via our website or call in with a credit card to securely process payment (no extra fees apply)
- Get a virtual quote to install a water heater, boiler, furnace or A/C system
- Contact us with any service call or non-emergency delivery requests
- Book your system tune-up
- Find a payment option that works for you and your family
Christopher Lane & the Kerivan-Lane team