Dear valued customer,
Here are some tips to make sure your home and family stay safe during the upcoming snowstorm:
1. Check your oil and propane tank gauge. If your tank is below ¼ please call our office at (781) 444-0279.
2. Shovel a path to your oil and/or propane fill pipe so we can deliver.
3. Make sure any vents are clear of snow.
4. Make sure you have a UL-approved carbon monoxide detector in case vents are blocked and the gases cannot escape.
5. Set your thermostat for a constant temperature all day. Setting your thermostat back at night could lead to frozen pipes.
6. Keep interior doors open including vanity/sink doors, to allow the heat to circulate in those hidden areas where pipes can easily freeze. Keep an eye out for pipes that may freeze in the garage.
7. Make sure the shut-off and outdoor lawn faucets are drained.
8. Make sure you know where your water main is located and how to turn off the valve in case of an emergency.
9. If you are going to be away from your house for any length of time, please have a family member or a friend check your house.
In case of an evening or weekend heating problem in your home, you can call Kerivan-Lane’s emergency line at 617-527-1745.
Just a reminder that you can do all of this online now:
- Pay bills via our website or call in with a credit card to securely process payment (no extra fees apply)
- Get a virtual quote to install a water heater, boiler, furnace or A/C system
- Contact us with any service call or non-emergency delivery requests
- Book your system tune-up
- Find a payment option that works for you and your family
Christopher Lane & the Kerivan-Lane team